Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

playing GTR2 on Steam using Windows 8.1

hmmguy
    hmmguy

playing GTR2 on Steam using Windows 8.1 Empty playing GTR2 on Steam using Windows 8.1

Post by hmmguy Sat May 16, 2015 3:14 pm

Hi folks,

I recently bought the Steam version of GTR2 to try only to discover afterwards that according to what I saw on trying to play it that Steam doesn't support it with win 8.1 affraid jawdrop surprised Needless to say Beating Nervous cryin out furious  Do any of you know if this is fact or is there some workaround available?

DHL1960
    DHL1960

playing GTR2 on Steam using Windows 8.1 Empty Re: playing GTR2 on Steam using Windows 8.1

Post by DHL1960 Sat May 16, 2015 10:31 pm

i nothing know good of steam, i hate it.
    Sorry

cryin out
    Jempy
    Jempy

playing GTR2 on Steam using Windows 8.1 Empty Re: playing GTR2 on Steam using Windows 8.1

Post by Jempy Sat May 16, 2015 10:42 pm

I'm sure Steam GTR2 doesn't need Steam to run ... or so was it at the start, but I'm nearly sure that it didn't change.

So the game may be copied and pasted in a GTR2 folder at the root of your disk, as GTR2 is well known to run better.

It needs Patch 1.1 ( surely the US one as you're from Canada ) and GTR2 NOCD to run and get Ferraris and Porsches back in game ( they're still in the game but not showing for licences reasons ).

Anyway sure it works with Win7 as I succeeded to run it that way. ( downloaded it just to help people I knew with problems ).
    Maybe it should just miss some or other dlls to run with Win 8.1 ??

Post by hmmguy Sat May 16, 2015 10:46 pm

Thanks mate but that's not what I was trying to do. I bought it as I thought it might be cool to play online. I never have played it against another person like that and thought it would be fun. I already have the full game. Thanks anyway.

Jempy
    Jempy

Post by Jempy Sat May 16, 2015 11:37 pm

I supposed so, Phil. toast

Just in case you would try that, here's an answer I found at NG:

It works fine on Win 8.1 64bit. Initially, it was crashing for me till I set GTR2.exe and GTR2Config.exe to run in XP SP3 compatibility mode + As Administrator.

Note that in XP SP3 mode GTR2.exe will run with processor affinity mask set to 1 processor. I am using Process Lasso to set affinity to all cores as that greatly improves FPS on my computer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:03 pm