Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
hmmguy
saxony21
6 posters

My Nürburgring Nordschleife experience ;-)

saxony21
    saxony21

My Nürburgring Nordschleife experience ;-) Empty My Nürburgring Nordschleife experience ;-)

Post by saxony21 Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:00 am

Hey guys,
    this year I spent my vacation here in Germany not far from the famous Nürburgring & the legendary Nordschleife track. A few days the track was opened for everybody and so I used the chance and did 2 laps at this unique track with my own car.
    Antonio meant I should post the pics here... Okay - here are a few pics from my Nordschleife experience. But I have to say some words about it: the quality of these pics isn't really good. Pics are screenshots of the little movie we made during the first lap. We only used my mobile phone for recording some impressions. Maybe I'll also post the video after editing...
    Of course it was a great experience to drive this legendary track myself. But I had some little problems by driving there: at first I had to take care of driving not a GTR2 race car at my pc, but a 80% original street car with no racing brakes, no race tires & usual shock absorbers. So I had to take care of my brake points. It was very easy to be too fast... And of course there were much faster cars than my E36. So I always had to look into the mirrors to avoid crashes. And I noticed that the track is much wider than the sim racing versions...

My Nürburgring Nordschleife experience ;-) Pic110
    My Nürburgring Nordschleife experience ;-) Pic210
    My Nürburgring Nordschleife experience ;-) Pic310
    My Nürburgring Nordschleife experience ;-) Pic410
    My Nürburgring Nordschleife experience ;-) Pic510
    My Nürburgring Nordschleife experience ;-) Pic610
    My Nürburgring Nordschleife experience ;-) Pic710
    My Nürburgring Nordschleife experience ;-) Pic810
    Btw: top speed about 220 kph... ;-)
    My Nürburgring Nordschleife experience ;-) Pic910
    My Nürburgring Nordschleife experience ;-) Pic1010

Okay guys, maybe you'll like the pics...
    Cheers - saxony21.

hmmguy

My Nürburgring Nordschleife experience ;-) Empty Re: My Nürburgring Nordschleife experience ;-)

Post by hmmguy Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:54 pm

right on Heiko! Perfect It Rocks Thanks for the pics and talk of your experience there hail Ceasar Hi5 Bravo

MrWonka

My Nürburgring Nordschleife experience ;-) Empty Re: My Nürburgring Nordschleife experience ;-)

Post by MrWonka Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:40 am

Must have been a great experience,Heiko -glad you posted your pics. How did you avoid the faster cars,do they tell you before you go out what to do,like stay to the right or something? I took a tour of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway track when i was there back in 1986,but it was on a bus-still could get a sense of what it would actually be like,though to drive it myself.I think that is really neat that they open it up for mere mortals to drive on it though!
    Antoniog7772
    Antoniog7772
    Admin

Post by Antoniog7772 Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:18 pm

Amazing experience and this gave me an idea.
    Next year we ll buy an Audi R8 and race the 24H nordscheife, as absolute modding team.
    ok ok...im joooookiiiiing....

but now seriously,i think you got one of the experiences all motorsport lovers would love to have.
    Drive the Nordschleife
    Twisted Evil Perfect its so beautifull

ANTONIO FERREIRA  My Nürburgring Nordschleife experience ;-) <a href=My Nürburgring Nordschleife experience ;-) T67001
    I'm the one Your Momma Warned You About
    hmmguy
    hmmguy

Post by hmmguy Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:58 am

Antoniog7772 wrote:

but now seriously,i think you got one of the experiences all motorsport lovers would love to have.
    Drive the Nordschleife
    Twisted Evil Perfect its so beautifull
    Agreed! Well Done!!! racing Kimi Raikkonen

saxony21
    saxony21

Post by saxony21 Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:32 am

MrWonka wrote:Must have been a great experience,Heiko -glad you posted your pics. How did you avoid the faster cars,do they tell you before you go out what to do,like stay to the right or something? I took a tour of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway track when i was there back in 1986,but it was on a bus-still could get a sense of what it would actually be like,though to drive it myself.I think that is really neat that they open it up for mere mortals to drive on it though!

Thanx mate... No, nobody tells you anything like this. When you drive at the track you have to take care and let pass the faster cars. Every driver has a big responsibility. Sometimes I took the wider lines through the corners & curves. Some drivers used the indicators/turning lights to show wich side of the track they want to use. And so I noticed that I never had any dangerous moments because all the drivers payd attention.  
    @ Antonio: Yes Yes Yes - let's buy a R8 or a Z4 or something else and let's race the 24 hours as the AMT Team... lol! bouncing2 lol!
    Finally: yes, it was a magic experience. And it's nice to share moments like this here at our site... Hi5

P.S. Actually I'm editing the recorded videos. I think a can post it soon... racing

Last edited by saxony21 on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : P.S.)

DHL1960

Post by DHL1960 Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:56 am

Funtastic stuff
    saxony21
    saxony21

Post by saxony21 Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:28 pm

newsflash  newsflash
    Hello mates - after a long time I found the time to edit the recorded video of my Nordschleife experience... I separated the sound track and tried to edit it - but the recorded sound wasn't good enough to use. That's why you'll hear only a little bit music... (The acceleration sounds at the end of the video is the only part of the sound recording I could save and use.  lol! )
    A big "Thank you" to my son - he's just 16, but a real expert in computing, editing and cutting of sound & pictures. His help was much appreciated...  Perfect
    Have fun by watching it. Cheers.  cheers

Antoniog7772
    Admin

Post by Antoniog7772 Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:46 pm

amazing Kimi Raikkonen

ANTONIO FERREIRA  My Nürburgring Nordschleife experience ;-) <a href=My Nürburgring Nordschleife experience ;-) T67001
    I'm the one Your Momma Warned You About
    Jempy
    Jempy

Post by Jempy Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:27 pm

Nice vid, Saxony ... after a nice experience on the real track.
    And thanks for posting it here. cheers

Is this the video amplifying the car moves .... or is the track so bumpy IRL ? ...

What I cannot understand is why this track always seems so narrow in all sims while it is much larger than what we may imagine !

Living in Belgium not far from Aachen ( and finally not so far either from Prüm ... I still wonder why I never went there for the same kind of experience.
    Maybe my wife's comment ?? LMFAO

NB already had this experience long ago at Zolder with my Toyota Celica in the eighties .... and at Spa, as passenger of an english driver with a Hillman Imp ( Cup version at the time ).... while other were passengers of Ickx or Bell in the ........ 956 Rothmans Porsche ( I don't tell you the face's colour of those when stepping out of the car ! affraid ).

Post by saxony21 Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:56 am

Thanks mates.
    @Jempy: It's because I hadn't a safe place for my mobile phone while recording. So I used the navigation system holder - but it doesn't fit perfectly and so I had this shaking... lol! But parts of the track are bumpy, too.
    And your thoughts are exactly my experience: the track is much wider than in all the sims. Yesterday I did some GTR2 laps again - it's unbelievable how narrow the track is. And the elevations are higher than in the sims. Sometimes it was a feeling like a roller coaster. That's why it's challenging to go fast: the elevations, the huge number of curves and you always should have a look into the mirrors for faster cars to let them pass. But I always would do it again... lol!
    Btw: my wife also wasn't ready for this ride... lol! Only my son was very happy to make this experience with me.
    We spent our 2015's vacation not far from Prüm. And so we also made a trip to Belgium. As you can see at the end of the vid: we also visited the famous Spa Francorchamps track. Unfortunately the track was closed for visitors because of the preparations for the upcoming F1 weekend. So we only could see the entrance area and a little part of the pits. But was a real good feeling to be at this famous place. cheers And I noticed: I like Belgium. Later we also visited Liége. Was a real nice day.
    Cheers mate.

saxony21

Post by saxony21 Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:00 am

NB already had this experience long ago at Zolder with my Toyota Celica in the eighties .... and at Spa, as passenger of an english driver with a Hillman Imp ( Cup version at the time ).... while other were passengers of Ickx or Bell in the ........ 956 Rothmans Porsche ( I don't tell you the face's colour of those when stepping out of the car ! affraid ).[/quote]
    Oh yes - I can imagine. lol! But I also would be a passenger... It Rocks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content