Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

the Can-Am thread

hmmguy
    hmmguy

the Can-Am thread Empty the Can-Am thread

Post by hmmguy Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:03 am

Hey folks,

as you may recall, I released a wip of a Can-Am mod I've been working steadfastly on for about 17 months now. Btw, I'm still hoping for more feedback on the wip. Also, it's still moving forward and the Readme has commenced being created.

With that said and the video Mr Wonka posted a couple days back, I decided to move the couple posts I had made in response to this thread as affraid I have been finding many more awesome and near deafening, thunderous videos of these monsters and it only seems right for a dedicated thread to this subject. Here's a new one I just watched and while not an older video during the original years, it is however a rare view from the cockpit with a driver that could care less about babying the car around Road America bouncing2 It Rocks

I'll move the other videos to here as well along with any more I find that are truly awe inspiring. The one thing though that after watching these cars and knowing just how insanely overpowered they were given their relatively light weights, I gotta wonder if the driver seats had to be specially made for guys like McLaren, Hulmes, Andretti or Donahue or any of the other stars of the series? What I mean is...how did they fit their balls in? wondering

While this guy isn't quite driving as hard as the guy in the Shadow is, the downshift sounds are incredible. I had read a number of times before about the McLarens having crazy downshift sounds compared to the other cars though no explanation for why.

cool period video.

This is part 1 of an awesome 3 part video (23 minutes or so altogether) of the 1966 Can-Am race at Stardust. It's amazing to see and compare with the version of this track in the Can-Am mod.

Part1

Part 2

Part 3

This next one is almost shocking (at least to me) of a Can-Am car ripping around Road Atlanta in 1970. I say shocking as this being one of my most favourite tracks in GTR2 I found myself shocked at just how steep some parts of the track are other than the 2nd last of course. I had no idea the elevations were as severe here. I just don't see the track model being anywhere close after watching this.

and finally for now, a guy having fun with the 917/30 Shell Mark Donahue car at Laguna Seca and the video is taken from a great vantage point too!

and of course this one in case the ones above were putting you to sleep lol!

Please feel free to add more Can-Am videos

Antoniog7772
    Antoniog7772
    Admin

the Can-Am thread Empty Re: the Can-Am thread

Post by Antoniog7772 Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:30 pm

on first video because o the helmet shape ,from cockpit view i thought 2 guys were on the cockpit, man im getting senile , then again that s what you get from a cock cof-cof ahem .. point of view, pit of course, i meant cockPIT view!!! Lolol Lolol

Now seriously awsome videos and a great idea bro.

excitedWeeeeeeeeeeeee

ANTONIO FERREIRA  the Can-Am thread <a href=the Can-Am thread T67001
    I'm the one Your Momma Warned You About
    DHL1960
    DHL1960

Post by DHL1960 Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:10 am

nice videos Twisted Evil
    hmmguy
    hmmguy

Post by hmmguy Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:24 am

glad you guys like this thread. More to come from me and hoping maybe other folks here may know of other good Can-Am videos to post to this thread as well! Very Happy toast

hmmguy
    hmmguy

Post by hmmguy Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:01 am

here's a treat...these are 4 videos I just watched for the first time today. On YT of course hmmmmm  As some of you here well know, I'm a Can-Am nut It Rocks drolling/I Want it hail Ceasar Bravo yes  Hands down my most favourite series ever in auto racing bar none. Not that I don't also really like other series too like the GTPs of the 80s and 90s or the F1s of the mid 70s through to the late 80s or even the Indy and Nascar years up to the 90s Weeeeeeeeeeeee I do for sure but simply listen to the narrator for the first 40 seconds of this video and it's crystal clear why I'm such a freak for the original Can-Am series Twisted Evil atta boy

here's another one focussing on David Hobbs driving the Autocoast...never knew what he looked like till today...night??

then I happened across these 2 short videos of a McLaren M8F and a Matra MS 670/B racing at Silverstone. The first video is from the M8F camera and the 2nd is the exact same moments from the Matra. Gives you an idea of just how loud the McLaren is as you hardly hear the Matra even from inside it when the M8F got beside it That's saying something given the howl of the Matra V12! affraid

Antoniog7772
    Antoniog7772
    Admin

Post by Antoniog7772 Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:57 pm

you gotta love can-am drolling/I Want it

ANTONIO FERREIRA  the Can-Am thread <a href=the Can-Am thread T67001
    I'm the one Your Momma Warned You About
    Jempy
    Jempy

Post by Jempy Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:17 pm

Next DLC Assetto Corsa are .... 3 DLCs with Porsche ...
    Among the 1st DLC is a .... Porsche 917/30 pure Canam of course.

I'll be able to driver it "soon" ( pure Kunos language lol! ).
    If AC's physics and FFB are of the same usual quality ... it'll be a real pleasure. ( if not too many times out of the track with this powerful car ! )

Post by MrWonka Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:19 am

hmmguy wrote:here's a treat...these are 4 videos I just watched for the first time today. On YT of course hmmmmm  As some of you here well know, I'm a Can-Am nut It Rocks drolling/I Want it hail Ceasar Bravo yes  Hands down my most favourite series ever in auto racing bar none. Not that I don't also really like other series too like the GTPs of the 80s and 90s or the F1s of the mid 70s through to the late 80s or even the Indy and Nascar years up to the 90s Weeeeeeeeeeeee I do for sure but simply listen to the narrator for the first 40 seconds of this video and it's crystal clear why I'm such a freak for the original Can-Am series Twisted Evil atta boy

here's another one focussing on David Hobbs driving the Autocoast...never knew what he looked like till today...night??

then I happened across these 2 short videos of a McLaren M8F and a Matra MS 670/B racing at Silverstone. The first video is from the M8F camera and the 2nd is the exact same moments from the Matra. Gives you an idea of just how loud the McLaren is as you hardly hear the Matra even from inside it when the M8F got beside it That's saying something given the howl of the Matra V12! affraid

Phil,i watched the Hobbs video recently,i've always liked his commentating and it's easy to forget he was also one hell of a driver! And that Matra sound is damn fantastic! I had time to do some watching as my wife and i took our usual trip to Kansas City for the fall NASCAR race at Kansas Speedway,we saw three races-ARCA "stock" cars, Xfinity series cars(ostensibly Mustangs,Camaros and a couple of sad privately owned/entered Dodge Challengers) and the Sprint Cup cars,Sunday was almost 90 degrees F for the high temp,shorts and t-shirts in mid October! Spent a lot of the off time on Pinterest,there are a lot of nice racecar pics on there,some of which i haven't seen anywhere else... and came back to pouring rain and low 60's F,which isnot bad for Minnesota in October but not 90 lol...
    hmmguy
    hmmguy

Post by hmmguy Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:20 am

hmm...Minnesota cold eh? WTF jawdrop surprised dont  blown away cold crazy dreaming pale STOP!!! you can keep it please Well Done!!! shake hands lol! I'll take the non shovelable stuff we get here thanks. Growing up in Toronto for my first 28yrs was more than enough of that thanks. I didn't move west for any weather type reasons but it sure makes for a great reason to stay here. If it gets below 32F/0C here, it's freaking cold! affraid BAHAHAHHAHAHHA lol! lol!

Pinterest is a fantastic source for older racing car pics as well as some crazy 1 off cars too Disaster

Do you ever get any video when you go to the Nascar races? If so, be cool to see I think. Another of our rather silent members here does somewhat regularly but in the UK. He has channel on YT where he has posted a number of videos he got at Silverstone and I think possibly Goodwood too by now...lucky bum that he is lol

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG_7h8HDioLkWzMdDo422ig

MrWonka

Post by MrWonka Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:21 am

Yeah,this state is crazy weatherwise,cold all week and today-70 degrees F! and sunny too,tomorrow more of the same thing as today! I did take just a little video on my Star Trek like flip phone which is not very good,just to give my coworkers an idea of what it's like-there's plenty of stuff posted on youtube from the lower grandstand around where we sit so if you want an idea of what it's like it's out there...We've been going for 6 years now,and the economy is evidently starting to affect Nascar now,normally it's asses and elbows where we sit,but this year there were empty ROWS in our section,not just scattered seats... I've been to the Daytona 500,and the Indy 500, NHRA and road races at BIR(Donnybrooke),and numerous 1/2 mile bullrings both paved and dirt,Kansas is the best experience of all of those as far as the total package-It's right off the junction of the ring highway and an interstate highway so the traffic flow is the best managed i've ever seen at a major event,it's got numerous hotels within 25 miles so getting there is easy and there are restaurants and retail all around it,so if you forget batteries or something you don't have to pay racetrack prices. The concessions are varied and not too unreasonable,plenty of different types of adult refreshments available,hot or cold.In short a good venue all around.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:25 am