Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Biggest racing weekend of the year

MrWonka

Biggest racing weekend of the year Empty Biggest racing weekend of the year

Post by MrWonka Fri May 22, 2015 2:55 am

So here in the USA, This coming weekend is the biggest,most racing filled of the year. My head might explode Very Happy . Sunday i'm hoping to become one with our couch and not get up except for snacks and calls of nature lol! So what is the event everyone is looking forward to most? My list would be Indy 500, Coca Cola 600, Monaco GP. I realize my European compatriots here will have different opinions start your engines
    Jempy
    Jempy

Biggest racing weekend of the year Empty Re: Biggest racing weekend of the year

Post by Jempy Fri May 22, 2015 1:03 pm

A different opinion ... no ... just additions: lol!
    - Le Mans 24 hours
    - Spa 24 hours
    - VLN 24 hours
    - a special taste for Japanese GP at Suzuka.

( NB: sorry for Daytona 24 hours now ...as I'm not very attracted by those Daytona Prototypes. Embarassed )

Have a nice weekend MrWonka. cheers

Admin

Post by Antoniog7772 Fri May 22, 2015 5:52 pm

Monaco GP is the pearl of F1 , though it get a bit boring without overtakes, and in the end Mercedes Wins.
    racing

Indy 500 even in Europe has some impact , belive me, hell here in Portugal we got all season live , nor only of Indy Racing , but also Nascar, WEC, F1 , Open GT , Blancpain Series , Australian V8 , WTCC.

so yeah mate, we undertand what you mean bout this being great weekend.

But for me the event i waited the most has ended.
    2 weekends
    - Historic Motorpsorts weekend
    - WTCC Weekend

both on july here in Porto, at Circuito da Boavista , but the new mayor ended it cause....he prefers boats.
    screaming furious feckem beating my head

rabid mad nay Bend OVer seriously?!

So now that it has ended, whats left for me ass the main events is 24 Hours Le Mans and F1 Races.

ANTONIO FERREIRA  Biggest racing weekend of the year <a href=Biggest racing weekend of the year T67001
    I'm the one Your Momma Warned You About
    DanicaDZ
    DanicaDZ

Post by DanicaDZ Fri May 22, 2015 6:33 pm

Indy 500 sure lights up some memories
    But Montegi , Japan is impossible to forget

Nowadays , Daytona NASCAR season opener is the one!!
    MrWonka

Post by MrWonka Sat May 23, 2015 6:40 am

Man that's tough Antonio,to have stuff like that in reach and not be able to go 'cause some politician had it canceled. The 3 events i set as bucket list type things were the Indy 500,the Daytona 500 and the Monaco GP. I've done the first 2,went to Indy in 1986(and had to go back the next weekend because it was rained out the first time ever 'til then)saw Darrell Waltrip win at Daytona in 1989. Still working on Monaco... I would have to add now Le Mans,and the Goodwood Festival of Speed. My wife is a huge Dale Earnhardt Jr. fan and we go to Kansas every October now for the NASCAR Sprint Cup race so i get my live racing fix that way. I get to watch many of the race series you mention on satellite tv or streamed online from Motor Trend TV(was Torque TV) and on Youtube,i love the V8 Supercars especially. DanicaDZ,we are relative neighbors, i live in Minnesota. Yeah that Motegi race was her shining moment,my opinion of her driving skills varies,but she is not afraid to stick up for herself,2 years ago at the Kansas race she wrecked Travis Kvapil after he spun her out,just stuck him right in turn 2 and has not been afraid to mix it up with anyone.I will never forget going to the Indy 500,just some of the things we saw in the infield and around the parking lots make great(true!) stories. Jempy, is the VLN 24 the one at the full Nurburgring? If so that looks like a giant party based on somethings i have read. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Antoniog7772
    Antoniog7772
    Admin

Post by Antoniog7772 Sun May 24, 2015 6:58 pm

Did you guys see how Mercedes ruined a perfect race for Lewis?
    Being in Monaco no overtaking would happen,so what were they thinking making him pit for new tyres?
    Bad strategy or something more cunning?

ANTONIO FERREIRA  Biggest racing weekend of the year <a href=Biggest racing weekend of the year T67001
    I'm the one Your Momma Warned You About

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:05 pm